Thailand reopens to fully vaccinated foreign visitors, including returning Thais and foreign residents, from the approved countries to enter the Kingdom by air with no quarantine requirements from 1st November, 2021.
•Fully vaccinated travelers against COVID-19 from 46 nations including Nordic and Baltic to visit Thailand
•Travelers must take 2 RT-PCR COVID tests (72 hrs before the flight and on arrival day at the hotel), And an Antigen self-test kit on day 6-7.
•Travelers must stay in SHA Plus hotel at least 1 day while waiting for the result
•Fully vaccinated travelers who received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccines at least 14 days before their travel date.
•Those who are positive for COVID-19 needs a medical Certificate of Recovery that show recovered from COVID-19 and 1 dose of vaccine no later than 3 months
•Children under 12 years traveling with fully vaccinated parents or guardians with RT-PCR COVID tests 72 hrs before flight
•Must have a negative RT-PCR result issued no more than 72 hours before the travel date
From 1 November
•At least 1 Day in SHA+ hotel
•After the negative result, free to travel to any part of Thailand
•Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
•Health insurance covering COVID-19 during the total stay in Thailand. A minimum coverage of 50,000 USD
•Copy of the payment confirmation at SHA Plus hotel no less than 1 night stay
•Copy of booked and payment confirmation of 1 RT-PCR test and an Antigen Test Kit.
•Negative RT-PCR result issued no more than 72 hours before the travel date
•Certificate of Entry (COE). Register online, www.coethailand.mfa.go.th
•After the 1st of Nov, COE will be no longer needed. But travelers require to apply the entry through
•Book flights to Thailand
•Book and prepay SHA Plus-certified hotel
•Book and prepay RT-PCR tests and an Antigen Test Kit
•Buy Insurance covering COVID-19 treatment (minimum 50,000USD)
•Proof of vaccination
•Show a negative RT-PCR test no more than 72 hours before the travel date
•Download and register the Mor Chana Mobile App
•Transfer directly by the approved transportation provider
•First RT-PCR on day 0 -1 at the booked accommodation or pre-arranged COVID-19 test center.
•Wait for your first RT-PCR result in your own hotel room (Should be available within the day)
•After a negative result, free to travel
•Self-tested with an Antigen Test on day 6-7
For more information, please contact the Royal Thai Embassy in your country. Sweden : www.thaiembassy.se Norway: www.thaiembassy.no Denmark: www.thaiembassy.dk Finland: https://helsinki.thaiembassy.org
Test & GO: Quarantine-Free Entry Requirements From 1 November 2021
1. Travel by air from the approved countries. Currently, Thailand has approved quarantine-free entry for arrivals from Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, UK, USA, and Hong Kong (updated list of approved countries).
o Must have been in the approved countries for 21 days or more. Transit/transfer from the approved counties is not allowed.
o For returning Thais and foreign residents, it is not necessary to be in an approved country for 21 days or more, as long as they are traveling from Thailand to the approved country/s and return within the last 21 days.
2. A Certificate of Entry (COE) or a proof of registration for entry Thailand via a specified platform. Currently, the COE can be applied online https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/
3. A Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected issued no more than 72 hours before traveling.
oA Medical Certificate of Recovery is also required from those having a lab result with COVID-19 detected to show that they have recovered from COVID-19 no later than 3 months.
4. An insurance policy, with coverage clearly identified as no less than US$50,000, which should cover the cost of the treatment and other medical expenses associated with being infected with COVID-19, including in-patient hospitalization for the whole duration in Thailand. *Except for Thai citizens who are entitled to the national health insurance system.*
5. A payment confirmation for no less than a 1-night stay upon arrival at the approved quarantine facilities (Alternative Quarantine – AQ, Organisation Quarantine – OQ, or Alternative Hospital Quarantine – AHQ), or SHA Plus-certified hotel.
o The prepayment should cover both the 1-night accommodation, the required RT-PCR COVID-19 test, and an Antigen Test Kit (ATK).
6. A Certificate of Vaccination (fully vaccinated).
o For those fully vaccinated, proof includes a Certificate of Vaccination with a vaccine approved by Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) (see here) or the World Health Organisation (WHO) (see here) no less than 14 days before their travel date.
o and a Certificate of Vaccination with at least one dose of the approved vaccine at least 14 days before their travel date.
o Travellers under 12 years of age, traveling with their parents or guardians, are exempt from this vaccination requirement, but must have a Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is detected issued no more than 72 hours before traveling.
7. Undergo the entry screening (health screening and Immigration procedures) upon arrival at Thailand’s International Airport, and submit all the required documentation to the officials.
8. Then proceed directly by the approved airport transfer to the pre-arranged COVID-19 test center, or the reserved accommodation and undergo the required RT-PCR COVID-19 test on Day 0-1.
o Travellers must download and install the specified alert application (MorChana), and must wait within the accommodation only for the test result, which should be available within the day.
9. If testing negative for COVID-19, travelers can go anywhere in Thailand.
o Each traveler will receive an ATK that they have prepaid when booking the accommodation.
o Any traveler experiencing COVID-19 symptoms must immediately get a test done, using the provided ATK. If experiencing no symptoms, travelers must use the provided ATK for COVID-19 self-testing on Day 6-7, and show the result to the staff at the hotel or accommodation, as well as record the result (bot detected and non-detected) in the MorChana App.
o Hotel/AQ staff must recommend that travelers self-monitor themselves for at least 7 days. If any traveler experiences COVID-19 symptoms, Hotel/AQ staff must immediately notify the officer in charge of communicable disease control in their respective area.
10. For traveling from Thailand to other countries, travelers are advised to follow the guidelines and measures announced by the respective country of their destination.