Start from 01:30 am a- 02:30 am.
Get an early morning pick-up from your hotel in Bali in time to watch the sunrise from the top of Mount Batur. Depart between 01:30 and 02:30 (depending on the location of your hotel), and then journey towards the active volcano near the village of Kintamani.
Upon arrival at Mount Batur, get a short introduction and safety briefing from your private guide. All the guides are locals with experience of climbing Mount Batur since they were children! Benefit from their extensive knowledge and passion for the region before you embark on your 1.5-hour trek to the highest volcanic crater in Bali in time to watch the sunrise.
Upon arrival at the top, enjoy breakfast and take in the amazing views of the surrounding area during the break of the day. After sunrise, enjoy some time walking around the crater of the volcano before crossing a hill of lava and black sand. Trek back down the mountain, and then soothe away your aches and pains at a natural hot spring at 09:00. Visit a coffee plantation on the way back to your accommodation, and get dropped off by approximately 13:00 at the end of an amazing morning!
What to bring
Know before you go
• The minimum suggested age to participate is 18 years old. Children may join the hike given strong level of fitness and physique
• This activity is not recommended for those with back, heart or other serious medical conditions
• The trek is not recommended for pregnant women
• A moderate amount of walking is involved and it is recommended you have a moderate level of fitness
• Please wear comfortable shoes and a light jacket