Beijing Geography

As a tourist, the responsibility rests on your shoulders to know at least the fundamentals to the location of where you are traveling; that makes it my responsibility as your guide to tell you some basics to the geographic location of Beijing. So here we go...

20180202093549499450.jpg

Beijing is located in China, on the West coast of the Pacific Ocean. The Yanshan Mountains surround the capital in the North, East, and West side (61% of the city is occupied by mountainous terrain), while Yongding River flows in the South. As you can see, tourists can easily enjoy the luscious mountainside views of Beijing one day and meet the roaring seas the next; this is a perfect location for those who enjoy “all-in-one” vacations.

20180202093547868591.jpg

Beijing is 39% flat land and the other 61% is quite mountainous. The center of the city is situated at 39056'North Latitude and 116020' East Longitude. For those looking for fascinating facts, Beijing is situated approximately the same latitude as Philadelphia of the United States and Madrid of Spain!

20180202093548305809.jpg

You Might Like

Planning a Trip to Southeast Asia?
Want to plan your trip better? Want an affordable private tour? Get the best tour packages in Southeast Asia as well as this FREE starter kit sent to your email right away - and plan your trip with our expert!
Your FREE starter kit includes:
  • DAY BY DAY ITINERARY
  • STEPS FOR PLANNING A TRIP
  • PRACTICAL TRAVEL TIPS
CUSTOMIZE MY TRIP
WHY UME TRAVEL
Since 1998

Over 20 years online travel service in tailor-made, 10000+ successful happy travel experiences.

100% Tailor-Made Trip

Design only for you and in your style! Flexible travel date.

Expert Consultant

24/7 online, 1 on 1 private service, over 10 years experience!

100% Value Guaranteed

Best value for money. Exceed your expectation and 100% satisfaction!

Ground Support

Experienced, warm-hearted guides and staff, 24 hrs standing by.

No Hidden Cost

We guarantee there will be no hidden cost during your trip.