The average temperature in Chiang Mai throughout the year is 21°C - 30°C. The average daytime temperature is 31°C. T-shirts and shorts are recommended, while the average nighttime temperature is 21°C. Single-layer cotton and linen clothing, or thin jeans are recommended.
Chiang Mai has a tropical climate, with only three seasons throughout the year, including hot, rainy and cool season. After the rainy season, it's the best tourist season of the year - the "cool season", from mid-October to mid-February of the following year, with a fresher climate.
1. Do not denigrate the royal family. Thai people have great respect for the royal family, so visitors should be careful to show respect for the King and Queen and members of the royal family.
2. Thailand is a Buddhist country. When visiting religious places, please take off your shoes and hat before entering the temples with Buddha statues. Please note that sleeveless shirts and short tops, short skirts or skirts above the knee and hot pants are not appropriate.
3. Women should not touch the monks, not even slightly. If you need to pass something to a monk, you should give it to another male present first and then he will pass it to the monk.
4. The Thai way of greeting is to put your hands together in front of your chest, then nod and bow politely.
5. The head and feet are the highest and lowest parts of the human body. It is unlucky for Thais to touch a person's head, even as a friendly gesture. It is considered extremely rude to point at someone or an object with your feet.
Wat Chiang Man
Wat Chiang Man is located in the northeastern part of the old city of Chiang Mai and is a very old temple built in 1296.
The Tha Phae Gate is a city landmark in Chiang Mai and is one of the more intact gates left in the old city of Chiang Mai.
An artistic district with many intersecting alleys, a must-see in Chiang Mai for the literary types.
Wat Chedi Luang
The tallest building in the old city, a peaceful and serene temple with a strong academic atmosphere.
Chiang Mai Night Safari
Chiang Mai Night Safari takes advantage of the carnivore's preference for nighttime activities and offers night tours.
Wat Phra That Doi Suthep
Wat Phra That Doi Suthep is a legendary temple with a panoramic bird's eye view of downtown Chiang Mai.
Wat Phra Singh
This is the larger Buddhist temple in Chiang Mai city, a perfect example of Lanna-style architecture and a very popular temple for tourists.
Chiang Mai University
The campus has a beautiful setting with lush greenery and tranquil pools hidden in the trees.
Doi Suthep Mountain
A famous mountain in northern Thailand, a Buddhist shrine, over 1600 meters above sea level, with a bird's eye view of downtown Chiang Mai.
Chiang Mai Sunday Bazaar
The Sunday Market, also known as the Sunday Night Market, is the largest, liveliest and most popular night market in Chiang Mai.
Over 20 years online travel service in tailor-made, 10000+ successful happy travel experiences.
Design only for you and in your style! Flexible travel date.
24/7 online, 1 on 1 private service, over 10 years experience!
Best value for money. Exceed your expectation and 100% satisfaction!
Experienced, warm-hearted guides and staff, 24 hrs standing by.