The Wat Aham is a small temple consisting of a sim and two ancient stupas. It has a history of both Buddhism and spirit worship. The temple was built in 1818 on the site of a much older temple dating back to 1527.
Between the street and the temple are two very large and old banyan trees that harbour the Devata Luang, the guardian spirits of Luang Prabang town. Next to the Wat Aham is the Wat Wisunalat. A large elaborate gateway connects the two temples.
- best of thailand culture nature tour
- essencial thailand tour
- mauritius the best adventures
- china meet the pandas and yangtze cruise
- china where the ancient meets modernity
- cambodia in depth
- best of vietnam culture nature tour
- myanmar highlights tour
- laos escape
- thailand adventure tour with segway experience